Sunday, June 29, 2014

I've Gone To Far

I can't believe I just did that!
What was I thinking!?
Why can't I think before I speak!?
I have done it now, I've gone to far.
No one will ever love me.
I am not worth loving.

And on and on it goes. Do you ever talk to yourself like this? I do. But guess what, we can't listen! And here is why! [...]
Perhaps you have heard the story before. Just to be sure, let me share it with you.

There once was a man named Peter. Peter was in an elite circle of people who got to be with a very important man. Peter said that he would never go against this man because the man meant so much to him. (1) But guess what? Peter did. When the times got tough and it wasn't going to "benefit" Peter, he turned his back on the man he claimed he would always stand by. (2) If you were this man, what would you have done to Peter once you returned?

Well here is what the man did. He forgave Him. (3) Do you think that you could have done that? I am not sure I could have. But the man did. Now here is the best part! Keep reading.

The man used Peter in the future to reach thousands of other people! The man did not turn his back on Peter! He used Peter to do his work! (4) So what is the point? How does this relate to you?

The man in the story is Jesus! Peter was one of the twelve disciples who followed Jesus. Jesus predicted that Peter would betray Him three times before His death on the cross but Peter said he would never deny Jesus. But Peter did betray Jesus three times. Then Jesus died on the cross. But on the third day, Jesus rose again and appeared to LOTS of people! When Peter seen Jesus he jumped off of the boat he was on and went straight to Jesus. Then Jesus ate with Peter. Later once Jesus ascended into heaven, Peter preached an amazing sermon that lead about 3,000 to believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. So hear it is. Here is how it relates to you, you ready!?

If Jesus forgave Peter and used Peter even after he had messed up, He will you too!!

Friend no matter what you have done, no matter what you have thought, no matter how bad you think you are, Jesus LOVES you!! He died for YOU! While were were still sinners, Christ died for us. (5) God KNOWS we mess up. He KNOWS we are sinners. He KNOWS! But if we tell Him what we have done, He offers forgiveness. (6)  No matter what you have done, God offers forgiveness and He can still use YOU!

Today I ask you this, what are you carrying around that you need to give to Jesus? There is going to be consequences to the choices that have been made but God does not stay mad at you. He forgives and He can still bring something beautiful out of your life! Tell Him what you have done wrong and ask Him to make something good come from it. Stop the negative talk and walk in confidence that He loves you.......even while we still mess up.






1. Matthew 26:31-35
2. Matthew 26:69-75
3. John 21:1-23
4. Acts 2:14-41
5. Romans 5:8
6. 1 John 1:9

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I think we all have our Peter moments. I am working really hard at forgiving my ex (over and over it seems!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...