Saturday, January 3, 2015

I'm Confused! Sunday School Lesson Help (Free Printable)

Am I the only one that gets confused at times studying the Sunday School lesson? I hope not. At my church we are going through the whole Bible in chronological order by using The Story curriculum that was put together by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee. This week we are on chapter 14: A Kingdom Torn in Two. I really love us doing this as a class and we have had such wonderful discussion every week about it. This week however I am teaching the lesson and being the teacher, it is not good that I was confused. Here is how I got "unstuck". I got out a piece of paper and started taking notes, drawing lines and well, it was a mess. This helped me so it had to help my Sunday school class too. But they can't read this mess. So I created a solution!




Click the picture to download.
I made it pretty! I hope this helps you as much as it helped me. Simply click the picture to download the file.

As for what I got out of this study time, I got multiple things out of the study of 1 Kings 11-16.

1.) Our sins affect others, even our own children. We see this because kings were affected because of the actions of the kings before them.

2.) Obedience to God and His commands means protection and disobedience means chaos. Just read the chapters and you will see what I am talking about!

3.) Even men of God have to depend on God day by day and have the ability to fail. You can read about this in 1 Kings 13:11-34.

4.) God controls our physical being as well. I already knew that but these chapters was another example. See what I am talking about by reading 1 Kings 13:1-7.

5.) God's prophecies always come to pass. You can read several times in these passages where prophecy was fulfilled. My favorite was 1 Kings 16:34 which corresponds with Joshua 6:26. Check it out.

But then one thing puzzled me. See if you have any thoughts on 1 Kings 14:13. It says, "And all Israel shall mourn for him and bury him, for he is the only one of Jeroboam who shall come to the grave, because in him there is found something good toward the Lord God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam." Is this a sign that perhaps God would allow death to come to a person to protect them from something worse??? Still searching and praying about that one. Do you have any thoughts? I would love to hear below!

**No monies received from links provided. They are provided simply for your convenience. *Updated to add this statement and additional link up button.

Today I am linking up with:
Missional Women



1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other
    blogs? I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would
    appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested,
    feel free to send me an e mail.

    ReplyDelete

Hey There- It's Been A While!

Well hey there dear! How you been? Hasn't our world been just crazy here lately!? So much has happened since I last posted but I have tr...